Friday, May 9, 2008

The Epicness of Crypts

This is an actual conversation I JUST had with teh Marvel Girl/Aestara (who I will be calling Aestara from now on):

----------------------------

Vantox:
Oh, well, she recently picked up Enchanting on her mage, and she was up to about 335ish, so I convinced her to attempt to 2 man Auchenai Crypt, a level 65-67 instance, for an enchanting recipe that I wanted done to my boots.

Aestara:
o_o
Did you die?

V:
Many, Many times.

A:
lolol
That's so amazing

V:
It gets better

A:
Oh?

V:
So away we went, 2 manning the first 2/3s of the place, casually sneaking around and whatnot, Then we come across a boss. We're about to start attacking him when Lis is like "I've just been informed that a healer I know is bored, want her to tag along?" This was a good thing.
V:
Shammy healer showed up, and things got so much easier.

A:
haha

V:
we had one pull before the boss and no problems whatsoever. That wasn't the case when it was just Lis and I.

Alright, all things pulled and dead to right before the boss. The plan is: Vengeance Tank, we try and keep him alive, if that fails then I just run around with the boss attacking me as I try to kite it.

First try: Ya, that didn't go so well. Vengeance died, I died, Lis died, healer died, 10% left on the boss. We're convinced we can do it, but we've gotta change something in order for that to happen.

A:
Oh snap

V:
Try Numero Dos: Things go better, we get him down to 3%, but Vengeance still died, which lead to my being attacked and accidentally Feigning Death, which lead to Marcella's death, which lead back to my death, which lead to Healer's death. Down to 3% this time.

Attempt 3: We're gonna get it this time *shakes fist*

A:
aw man
*is cracking up*

V:
And we Do! Vengeance started off, held aggro well, Shammy got her elemental off near the boss which helped (she didn't in try number 2) Aggro switched between me and Vengeance at one point, keeping Vengeance alive and the group going strong, FD when Vengeance is back at full health, focus fire and he's a dead bugger.

Oh, and incase I hadn't said it, in that fight all casting time is increased by at least 50%, so I'm really the only one that can get shots off quickly.

A:
lol
Awesome
Good for you guys

V:
Ya, that's gonna get blogged about. But it gets better (if only for me)

Dead boss, we hike past him, and right in the next room are the mobs we needed to kill to find the enchant I/Lis want.

First pull, 4 mobs, 3 possible chances of the drop. Dead like doornails, no drop. That's fine, we've still got 3 more pulls.

Second pull: Lis dies due to AoE aggro, she had 5 mobs on her, she went down rather quickly...but there's still me and the healer, so we get it done, just much slower.

Lo and Behold! The second mob I loot has the recipe!

A:
lol

V:
And it's got a .6% drop rate!

A:
:D

V:
We were all excited, we took a break and told crappy jokes.

Dwarf jokes are the funniest by the way.
A:
haha
No way
Blood Elf.

V:
Are they alliance? I think not.

A:
Ah well

*Interlude, random non-story related stuff*

V:
Oh, back to my story, after said break containing silliness, we consult each other with a "Wanna try and 3 man the last boss?" Naturally we all do, we made it this far, might as well take it all the way.

A:
*facepalm*
3 man a boss...
You're nuts

V:
We already 3 manned the first one, sans tank, and increased casting time (which is what really hurt us, healer + mage = HATE INCREASED CASTING TIME!)

Then, out of the blue, the healer said "Another healer asked if I wanted help in Crypts, want him to tag along?" "Sure," I says, "the more the merrier!" So a second healer shammy shows up, we go out and summon him and while I'm out there I pick up the quest to kill the last (and second) boss in this place. Most of them can't see the quest giver, but I did a buttload of quest chains so I can.

So we get another healer, happens to be a shammy

A:
lol

V:
so 2 shaman, a mage and a hunter taking down crypts. Still no tank

We work our way through the buttload of non-elite mobs (which Lis loves AoEing)

And we make our way casually to the boss, no biggy, we're all mana'd up and totems are placed.

A:
lol
Oh no

V:
I misdirect on Vengeance, send him in, and we rape the guy. He and his clone didn't stand a chance against our casters at full casting speed.

Well, I was a big part too, but that's just because I/Vengeance were being the tank and a good chunk of the DPS.
A:
o_o
I didn't expect that

V:
Like I said, the first boss hated us because of the increased cast time he causes.

if it hadn't been for that we woulda one-shotted him.

A:
Well good show

V:
We were all impressed, and gave each other bragging rights.

--------------------------------------

And thus is why I'm telling about it, I was given bragging rights, so I'm bragging. We 3 man'd the first boss in crypts sans tank and with 2 casters. We effing rock :P

Good Hunting,
Tox

No comments: