Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Funspesive Stuff.

Wanna know a fun way to spend approximately 1500g in two days? Power Leveling engineering.

I recently had the brilliant idea to drop herbalism and pick up engineering in its place. This idea showed up after a long and drawn out thought process involving Marcy and her alts, one of which is an up-and-coming herbalist. With that going for us, we figured it was about time that one of us got a high level engineer...mostly for the mote extractor, cause we hate farming the stupid elementals.

Sure it was probably more expensive to get the materials for the power leveling than it would be for me to buy whatever primals I needed when I needed them. But hey, I got Dramthar some niffty goggles to go along with his mote extractor. They're a pretty big upgrade on something I totally didn't really need an upgrade on. Awesome. Still gotta find me some primals for the meta gem I'll be wanting to make myself. Good thing I'm still an alchemist too.

I really haven't been doing much other than that in the past while...lot's of running from the AH to the mailbox to Great Anvil in Ironforge. Next on the docket is farming way too many primal shadows for pants and a chest piece that I'll be needing made. Sounds like fun right? Well, you tricked yourself if you agreed to that. Oh, and I'll be doing dailies in order to work off his debts to my other toons...fun times...

Good Hunting,
Tox

2 comments:

Bell said...

I vicariously know how you feel. I have two friends who power-levelled engineering, blacksmithing and all sorts of other professions.

Ouchies.

Tox said...

*cringes*

Ya...that wouldn't be a fun thing to do frequently. This is the first and probably last time I power-level a profession without being able to gather my own materials. It wasn't overly pleasant...except when I found screaming deals on stuff I normally don't look for :P

Good Hunting,
Tox